Meet Stuart Wright, he works for Sapphire in our Basingstoke DeskLodge branch. He is the lead within their Southern Sales team. Lets hear what he has to say!..
What do Sapphire do?
- We provide Information Security services and solutions to organisations across the UK. We have over 40 services and product lines but as a snapshot we have a team of penetration testers (ethical hackers) who are authorised to work on behalf of UK Government and we can also accredit companies to standards such as Cyber Essentials.
How long have you worked at Sapphire/Desklodge?
- I’ve worked for Sapphire for over 5 years but helped setup our Basingstoke office 2 years ago to help the development of our company in the south. We’ve seen some really good growth in the last year – over 40% - and our bosses are keen for that to continue this year. We moved into Desklodge at Easter as it provided us a good mix of private office space, shared areas to work and meet in but also social elements that a private office couldn’t offer. It’s also flexible for us as we grow and have to employ more people to support that.
What’s your favourite thing about your job?
- The security industry is very tightly-knit and its nice to work with so many people over a long period of time. Even though Sapphire’s staff of 50 is dispersed across the UK it really has a strong family feel and we enjoy getting together. I hope we can keep that ethos as the company grows.
What’s your favourite thing about Desklodge?
- My first thought was the Coffee - but really it’s the breakout areas where I can meet informally with the team and our partners who come to visit. We’d probably all love not to have to work and just do fun things all day – so its nice to come to a place that can help work remain fun - I get to sit on a Pirate Ship – what’s not to like?
What do you like to do in your spare time?
- I have 2 active sporty boys so most of my spare time is wrapped up with them. However, when I get a minute I like to play the piano. I’m also writing a book but its taking longer than I anticipated. At this rate it will be 2020 before I finish it.