GDPR Accelerator - Streamlining your Path to Compliance
8.45am - 12.00pm, Thursday 5th April 2018, the Oaks Tree, Future Economy Centre, Bristol
This workshop is aimed at Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) who are in the initial stages of their GDPR review to equip you with an understanding of what a robust and defensible project looks like, and what your team should be doing.
The session is aimed at directors and senior managers who have a personal and legal responsibility for delivering GDPR compliance - however, there will be a brief introduction to GDPR nomenclature, and a top level description of the essential changes to the data privacy landscape so that everyone in the room has a common context for the sessions.
Graeme Fearon of Thrings Solicitors will discuss the legislative framework for the new data protection regime, including:
- Identifying an appropriate legal basis for data processing
- How to demonstrate “accountability”
- Preparing to handle increased individual rights
- Sanctions for non-compliance
Colin Jupe of VXPartners, a leading GDPR consultancy for SME’s, will outline how to adopt a pragmatic approach to accelerate your GDPR project in the limited time left, including;
- How to start your journey - The importance of conducting a Data Mapping exercise
- Identifying the real issues – Assess the greatest risks to personal data within your organization
- Pragmatic problem-solving - Prioritise your activities to bridge the gaps in compliance
- Demonstrating your compliance - Creating and managing your GDPR Compliance files
This is not a general awareness “lecture” on what GDPR means, so to get the most out of the morning - which will be interactive - you should already possess some understanding of the key issues.
If you need to refresh your thinking on the topic this is the Information Commissioner's Office Guide to GDPR :https://ico.org.uk/media/1624219/preparing-for-the-gdpr-12-steps.pdf
Please note attendance is limited to two spaces per organisation, if you cannot attend after registration please do let us know, so that we can open a space for your fellow colleagues in the low carbon economy.
Book Your Free Space Now
8.45am - 9.00am - Registration
9.10am - 9.20am - Introduction
9.40am - 10.20am - Section 1 - Thrings Solicitors
10.20am - 10.35am - Break and opportunity to ask questions
10.35am - 11.15am - Section 2 - VXPartners
11.15am - 11.30am - Q&A
11.30am - Networking & follow up until close